Saturday, June 16, 2012

Favorite Movies (kid variety)

Lindsay grew up watching a lot of movies, me not so much. He has passed down his love for movies to our kids and I would have to say to me now too. Here are a few of our favorites:



The Fantastic Mr. Fox
This is by far Lindsay's favorite movie as of late and he has turned us all on to it as well - beware of the cider!




Kiki's Delivery Service
An amazing film by the talented Hayao Miyazakit, it is my top pick for favorite children's movie. If you were to ask Coco I dare say she would put in her top 10 as well. Lindsay and Abi enjoy this movie too but I'm not sure they are quite as enthusiastic about it as I am.




Coraline
This one is loved by the whole family - it is a flat out classic all around. It's a little spooky but not over the top. The main character gets stuck in another world with a family that looks just like hers only they are mean and have buttons for eyes. The first time we ever saw Coraline Lindsay put out buttons, thread and a needle on the girls bathroom counter. Coco was the first to discover it the morning after the movie, we were all awoken that morning to her blood curdling scream. Not his best parenting moment but one we will definitely remember.




The Secret World of Arrietty
Another amazing film by Japanese Director Hayao Miyazaki, this film was adapted from the book The Borrowers. The girls and I read the book together and then anxiously awaited the movie to hit the theaters. Once it finally debuted we made sure to be there on opening night. We were not disappointed and are now proud owners of the DVD.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment