Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lodi Grape Festival and Harvest Festival

A few weeks ago we headed down to Lodi for the Grape and Harvest Festival. We originally had planned to go because the Abba tribute band Abbracadabra was playing and I just HAD to see them perform. The performance was all that I had expected, we had a great time singing and dancing to all of the songs from Mama Mia. My girls also got over the initial embarrassment of their mom banging on a tamborine I had brought along and then were thrilled to find that I had brought along a few extras for them to enjoy as well. I have always dreamed of being a tamborine player in a band and for those of you who know me well you know that I have been known to carry one around with me quite often for a "just in case" moment.

Once the concert was over we had to do the normal fair stuff with the girls - rides & cotton candy. But then to my surprise we found an awesome exhibit in one of the halls - a scarecrow and edible picture contest. The pictures were fantastic and had to be made out of all things consumable. The scarecrows were very creative as well, I loved how many of them were non traditional and followed themes. Seeing that we are having a little scarecrow contest of our own this year (stay tuned for an upcoming post about this) we were delighted to have all of these scarecrows to get ideas from.



No comments:

Post a Comment