Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Phillips Farm



A few years back one of my friends introduced me to this little gem of a place called Phillips Farm down in Lodi. Since then we have taken the trek down at least a few times a year especially in the Fall when the pick your own flower fields are in full bloom. The link above will take you to it's webpage, but I don't believe that the page does this place justice. Yes it has a great cafe, wine tasting and a bakery, but it fails to mention the flower fields, farm animals, corn maze, picnic area, vegetable gardens and pond. Although it is small my girls have always loved going down here and enjoying an afternoon of exploring.










The Flower Fields: Each Fall my girls love to go through the fields with a bucket and scissors collecting flowers to bring home. They are very reasonable priced so I let the girls just pick away. I think the
bouquet above was about $4 total.

The corn maze: Starting in October they have a fun corn maze with a ton of scarecrows that you can walk, or in our case run, through. We went towards the end of September so it wasn't quite complete yet but that didn't seem to bother the kids.

The animals: Rabbits, goats, chicks and ducks. They even have food that you can purchase to feed to the animals.

Vegetable fields, flower gardens and pond: The grounds are beautiful with plenty to explore.


Wine Tasting: If you are in the mood they always have local wine tasting available - they offer one of my favorites - Seven Deadly Zins.

Bakery: My husband's favorite! Don't forget to take home one of the pies - delicious!







Lastly don't forget the Farm Cafe. Yummy food, perfect for lunch. If you are not in the mood for a sit down restaurant you can always pack your own and enjoy one of the many picnic tables nestled around the property.

1 comment:

  1. You never fail to amaze me-- almost on a daily basis!! I am so lucky to have you in my life!!! Thanks for creating this blog. It is fabulous! Can't wait to see what you else you have to share....

    p.s. Peet's again?

    ReplyDelete